Creative Ideas For Children's Birthdays
All occasion gift ideas for children ages Newborn to 18
Personalization is Free with each gift purchase
Newborn & Toddler Gifts
More design options in category
Birthday Themed Singing Plush
Recommended for ages 2 and up
Children's Personalized Wall Canvas.
Perfect for the Nursery and Birthdays
Party Ideas For Children 2-8
- Consider the age of the birthday child and young guests when planning the event time and duration of the party. Children under the age of 4 tire easily and parties should be limited to two hours maximum.
- Parties generate a great deal of stimulus, especially for toddlers , and over stimulation will produce crankiness and possibly temper tantrums! Having a room full of toddlers crying at once will not be pleasant!
Games To Play:
- Consider the age of the birthday child and other young guests when deciding what games or activities will be taking place during the party. As a general rule, play simple games with few rules and keep the action moving, but at a gentle pace. Plan three games , but if the children are happy playing multiple rounds of " musical chairs," or Duck, Duck, Goose", don't get upset, it's all about keeping the children happy anyway!
- Consider what food you will be serving, preparation time , possible food allergies and how the food is to be served( buffet, sit down, family style, paper plates vs, dinner plates,etc)
- Be sure to have a variety of finger foods with various textures for very young children and prepare a low table or tablecloth to have them sit down if not using high chairs or booster seats.
- Below is a menu that I served frequently for my four children's parties when they were 1- 8 years old. These were always popular choices that included the four food groups, and easy to prepare and clean up. Ask parents if their child has any allergies. Wheat, dairy, peanuts and food coloring are among the most common allergens.
- Finger jello
- chicken nuggets with honey, barbeque sauce, ranch dressing and honey mustard.
- cut up veggies with ranch dip,
- cut up fruit with yogurt dip ( strawberries, apples, grapes and honeydew are good choices)
- cheese cubes
- Rice Krispy Treats
- chocolate milk and/ or juice boxes
- Think low budget! Decorations for children's parties don't have to be expensive. Children are only concerned with simple, colorful and helping out if they are able.
- Think creatively! Look around your home for items to build a theme around. Use construction paper for homemade banners and paper plates for 2-D balloons with curling ribbon tails, streamers and more!
- Photographs capture the memories for years to come, so have a designated person, or more if possible, to be responsible for recording the event in photos, and video too if you choose.
- As the host or hostess and parent of the birthday child, or multiple children at the party, you don't need to worry about capturing the event , conducting the event, and trying to manage young children at the same time!
Child's Personalized Room Decor Gifts
Canvas Prints, Room Signs and A Growth Chart
Children's Personalized Gifts Under $30 Each
Photo Frames, Music and Sports Gear
Available in designs for boys and girls
Party Ideas For Children ages 9-16
- Children over eight are capable of thinking up a party theme, games, food and prizes,making decorations, helping with food preparation, helping to clean up their home, and setting up for their party.
- Children over eight still need an adult's guidance with many aspects of the party planning and execution. It's important to let your maturing child handle more of the responsibility so that they will learn the process and will appreciate the final result.
- Give older children a budget to work with and they will learn to adapt their creative ideas to a realistic circumstances. When it's your child's idea, there will be no lack of natural motivation! Don't forget to set realistic limits on guest list size, duration of the party, types of appropriate music, entertainment and games,etc, so the party doesn't get out of hand. Parental supervision is a must for this influential age, so it should be fully expected.
Party Ideas For Boys Ages 9-16
- Build the party theme around his interests and keep the food easy to prepare and the games moving and fun.
- Scavenger hunts are alot of fun and adaptable to any interest and not reliant on a boy's ability to play sports. Relays are also easy to plan with elements of your a boy's interests. ( camping and nature are great themes to work with )
- Food should be easy to prepare and clean up. Make smores, " ants on a log" ( celery with peanut butter and raisins) or grilled moon pies with peanut butter and jelly, or chocolate and marshmallows. Coat outsides with melted butter and grill.
Party themes for Girls Ages 9-16
- Start with what interests your daughter? Dance,sports,art, crafts,fashion,camping,nature,animals,science,geography,history,math,reading or literature?
- Build the party theme and decorations around her favorite interest. If your daughter loves art, then decorations can include an easle, her "own art works", brushes and palettes,etc.
- Games should be fun for all of the guests, so mix up the types based on the theme. Art themed games can include a " paint relay" where teams walk quickly to a white sheet of paper hung on the wall, dip their brushes in paint ( washable of course) and add strokes to a " building" design. Skip the relay, blindfold one girl at a time. spin her three times and have her try to paint strokes on the paper.
- Art Project: Have the girls make decorated pillow cases and use fabric markers, natural vegetable dyes ( onions) or tie dye.
- Food for this art themed party should be "French Cuisine" with baguettes, creamy brie spread, croissants with Nutella spread, strawberries and cream cheese, or grapes.
Tween Through Teen Girls Gift Ideas
Ages 10- 18
Ages 10- 18